How To Lose 20-40 lbs Quickly And Keep it Off!
Tips from a Weightloss Expert.
We’ve all been there before. We have a big event or a fun tropical vacation planned in the next few weeks or months and we want to try and lose weight before the big day so we can look and feel better. The pursuit of rapid weight loss is a common aspiration, fueled by the desire for quick results and a transformative journey towards a healthier self. However, achieving swift and sustainable weight loss goes beyond crash diets and intense workout regimens.
Hi, I’m Dr. Mary Klimek, a functional medicine provider and weight loss expert at Skinny Seattle. In this comprehensive guide, I’ll tell you the fastest way to lose weight. First, it’s important to understand that rapid weight loss can be really easy if your hormones are working properly. If they are not, no matter how healthy you eat and how much you workout, you might struggle to lose weight. You might even be saying to yourself- I don’t even care about rapid weight loss- I’ll take slow weight loss – but you’re stuck or at a plateau and can’t lose weight, which can be difficult and incredibly frustrating.
If this is you, someone who works out and eats healthy, but STILL struggles with weight loss this is a sign from your body that it’s not your fault. Your hormones are most likely to blame. The good news is that we can help you rebalance your hormones and reboot your metabolism so even YOU can achieve rapid and sustainable weight loss like the thousands of other clients that have had success on the Skinny Seattle program.
Keep reading and I’ll talk about the intricacies of metabolic and hormonal imbalance shedding some light on the mysteries of why some individuals struggle to shed pounds quickly.
The Fastest Way to Lose Weight:
How to do it on your own:
- Focus on whole, nutrient-dense foods to provide essential vitamins and minerals.
- Avoid processed foods and foods marketed as “health foods.” Just because a food is advertised as “healthy” doesn’t mean it supports a weight loss goal.
- Physical Activity: Incorporate a mix of cardiovascular exercises and strength training for a comprehensive approach.
- The good news is that you don’t need to spend hours in the gym to achieve rapid weight loss. 8-12 min of High-Intensity interval training has been shown to be effective at stimulating the growth hormone responsible for weight loss and better health. Aim to do HIIT training every other day.
- Hydration: Stay well-hydrated to support metabolism and overall health.
- Sometimes dehydration symptoms are mistaken for hunger symptoms. It’s important to stay hydrated.
- Sleep: Prioritize quality sleep for hormonal balance and recovery.
- 7-8 hours a night of uninterrupted sleep is ideal
- Nutrient Density: Choose foods that offer satiety and nutritional value for sustained energy.
- Aim for 3 servings of good quality protein, 3 servings of veggies, and limiting your sugar every day.
- Mindful Eating: Portion Control:** Be mindful of portion sizes to avoid overeating.
- 3-6 oz of each macro is typically enough for someone- from a 150lbs woman to a 250 lb man.
- Meal Timing: Consider intermittent fasting to optimize calorie distribution throughout the day.
- Eating within an 8-10 hour feeding window will optimize hormones
- Consistency is Key: Long-Term Commitment: Sustainable weight loss requires consistent, healthy habits over time.
- You need to be consistent with your new lifestyle
You should begin to see weight loss of 1+lbs a week if your hormones are balanced and your metabolism is working BUT, if you’re doing all of the things above and STILL not losing weight- it’s probably your hormones.
The experts at Skinny Seattle can help you identify your metabolic and hormonal roadblocks so you can FINALLY lose the weight… and keep it off for good this time.
Metabolic and Hormonal Imbalances: The Hidden Culprits
Signs that you might need help from one of our experts at Skinny Seattle:
- You’ve tried every other crash diet in the past to gain it back:
- Extremely low-calorie diets and diets full of prepackaged foods can slow down metabolism, hindering weight loss. Repeated cycles of weight loss and gain can contribute to metabolic inefficiencies. The Skinny Seattle program can help you finally undo that damage and help you rebalance your hormones and reboot your metabolism… for good this time!
- Thyroid Dysfunction:
- Hypothyroidism can lead to a sluggish metabolism and hinder weight loss efforts. If you’ve ever had routine lab work done in the past, know that your Dr. isn’t doing anything wrong or lackluster- they’re just most likely checking for only 1 hormone produced by your thyroid- there are several- and any one of them could be slowing down your metabolism and preventing weight loss.
- Comprehensive thyroid testing is crucial for identifying and addressing thyroid issues.
- Insulin Resistance: Blood Sugar Rollercoaster.
- Poor blood sugar regulation can lead to insulin resistance, promoting fat storage.
- If you’re pre-diabetic, insulin resistant, or have Type 2 diabetes if might be incredibly difficult to lose weight on your own. Let the experts at Skinny Seattle help you learn how to balance your blood sugar so you can FINALLY lose weight… and keep it off!
- Low blood sugar can also prevent weight loss in some individuals.
- Cortisol and Stress: Stress Hormone Impact:
- Chronic stress elevates cortisol levels, promoting fat storage, especially in the abdominal area.
- If you’re overworked and overstressed then you might struggle to lose weight regardless of how healthy you’re eating and how much you’re working out.
- In fact- working out might even be working against you and SLOWING down weight loss even more, making you more tired and more hungry.
- Leptin Resistance: Appetite Regulation
- The Leptin hormone tells your brain you’re full, but if your lepting hormones are not working correctly it can lead to overeating.
- Adequate Sleep: Quality sleep supports optimal hormonal balance, including those regulating appetite.
- If you’re waking up in the middle of the night a few times to go to the bathroom or if you’re waking up at 2-3 am and can’t go back to sleep- those are both signs that your hormones and your metabolism are not working correctly. You need the help of an expert to help you regulate your hormones and reboot your metabolism.
Professional Guidance and help from an expert:
If you’ve tried everything in the past and you’re healthy and still having difficulty losing weight, it’s not your fault. Let the experts at Skinny Seattle help you address your underlying hormonal issues and seek support so you can finally lose weight, feel great, and keep it off! Call us for a consultation today!
In the pursuit of rapid weight loss, the fastest way is one that is sustainable, mindful, and tailored to individual needs. Acknowledging the role of metabolic and hormonal balance in weight loss is key to overcoming challenges and achieving lasting success. It’s not just about shedding pounds quickly; it’s about cultivating a fat-burning metabolism that supports overall health and well-being. By identifying your hormonal and metabolic roadblocks with comprehensive lab testing, the Skinny Seattle approach encompasses individual and custom results that will help individuals reboot their metabolism, rebalance hormones, and navigate their weight loss journey with resilience, understanding, and long-term success. Remember, it’s not a race; it’s a journey towards a healthier, happier you. (Although who doesn’t want to lose 20-40lbs by the middle of next month? We’re not judging! 😀)